News — type 1

Type 2 Type 1 and Tesla Adapters, What's the Deal?

adapters EV Connectors EV Plugs type 1 type 2

This is from one of our FAQs, we often get asked "what Tesla adapter do I need?"  If your model 3 input port looks like this and you are in the US odds are good you will need a Type 1 J1772 to Tesla adapter. The Type 1 J1772 is standard or most common to the US market, and New Tesla vehicles often times comes with a ready adapter for J1772 plugs.  Your adapter would look like this. Notice the upside-down or frown face that is common to the Tesla input port. You would plug this side into the car. ...

Read more →